Food Handlers Training


The City of Mineral Wells Health Department Code of Ordinances Sec. 30-203 requires every employee of every food service establishment, not otherwise holding a valid food handling card or food training certificate, who handles or supervises the handling of food and every employee of a retail food store who prepares or packages for resale food items shall be required to register for a health and sanitation class prior to or on the first day of employment.


No employee shall work in a food establishment for more than 30 days without a food training certificate, unless authorized by the regulatory authority. In lieu of a food training certificate, every manager or assistant manager of a food service establishment shall, within 60 days of employment in that capacity, obtain certification of completion of a food protection management program and shall have 90 days to obtain certification.


City Food Training Classes are held at the Steve Purdue Training Center, at 300 S. Oak (Building south of the Fire Station 1, or located across from Sherwin Williams). Employees must pre-register and pay the $15.00 class fee the week prior to class, at Inspections Department, City Hall, 112 S.W. 1st Ave. (across from post office). BRING YOUR VALID DRIVERS LICENSE. Individuals who have not pre-registered will not be allowed to attend the class. Certification is valid for 2 years. Please contact the City Health Inspector at (940) 328-7717 or for the next scheduled class.

On-Line Classes

The Certified Professional Food Manager course and the Food Handlers Training class are available on-line at the following sites. Classes are available in English and Spanish.

These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. They do not constitute an endorsement or approval by the City of Mineral Wells of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. The City of Mineral Wells bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.

Related Documents