The City of Mineral Wells is accepting applications to provide funds for local non-profit organizations for the 2020/2021 fiscal year. Funding requests will be considered during the city’s annual budget process.
- Entity must be a Non-Profit Organization, or equivalent.
- Non-Profit Organization (or equivalent) must provide services within the city limits of Mineral Wells, Texas.
Application ProcessThe application process is as follows:
- The organization must fully complete the application and submit it to the Mineral Wells City Clerk beginning February 1, 2020, but no later than February 28, 2020.
- To be considered for funding, the organization may be required to make a brief presentation to a Mineral Wells City Council Committee and/or the Mineral Wells City Council. The presentation must contain the following elements:
- Identify the organization.
- The amount of funding requested.
- Intended use(s) of the funding.
- Amounts, if any, of previous funding from the City of Mineral Wells and the past uses of those funds.
- Itemization of sources and amounts of funding.
- Recommendations of the Committee will be presented to the City Council in April, 2020.
- Council’s decision is subject to adoption of the FY 2020/2021 budget. Applicants will be notified of final funding decision in October 2020.
- Successful applicants will be required to enter into a performance agreement prior to the disbursement of any funding.
- Post-Funding Report will be required.
- Multi Year funding requests cannot be considered.
City Council Decision
- The Mineral Wells City Council may base their approval, denial, and/or funding amounts on items such as, but not limited to, available funding, timing, merits of programs offered, or other factors as the Mineral Wells City Council deems appropriate.
- All decisions of the Mineral Wells City Council are final.
- Prior year and current budget, as applicable.
- Proposed budget (or pro-formas) for the applying organization.
- Articles of Incorporation.
- Bylaws of organization.
- Current roster of the Board of Directors (or equivalent).
- Affidavit affirming that the organization is in good standing with local, state, and federal agencies.