- Police Department
- Social Media
- Comment Policy
Social Media Comment Policy
Mineral Wells Police Department social media sites were created to share information about the Police Department with the general public. To promote appropriate information exchange with community members, the Police Department welcomes postings and comments that are related to the specific content posted on the site. Comments posted on this page will be monitored and the Police Department reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.
Comment Policy for Public Users
- The intended purpose behind establishing Mineral Wells Police Department social media sites is to disseminate information from the department, about the department, to the citizens.
- Comments containing any of the following inappropriate forms of content shall not be permitted on Mineral Wells Police Department social media sites and are subject to removal and/or restriction by the Police Department's coordinator or the City's IT staff:
- Comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
- Profane, obscene, violent, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, or national origin;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party.
- A comment posted by a member of the public on any Mineral Wells Police Department social media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by the Mineral Wells Police Department, nor do such, comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the Mineral Wells Police Department.
- The Mineral Wells Police Department reserves the right to deny access to Mineral Wells Police Department social media sites for any individual, who violates this Comment Policy, at any time and without prior notice.
- All comments posted to any Mineral Wells Police Department social media site are bound by that site’s terms and policies and the Mineral Wells Police Department reserves the right to report any violation of such to that site with the intent of that site taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action. Below are links to some social media sites policies:
- Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities - http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
- Twitter’s Terms of Service - http://twitter.com/tos