Water Conservation & Drought Contingency Plan
- The purpose of the Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan is to establish short-term and long-term goals for conserving water and to determine the procedures and steps necessary to achieve these goals. The full plan is available for download at the link below.
We are currently at Stage 1.
|STAGE||Lake Level (MSL)||% of Capacity||% Reduction||Comments|
|Stage 0||867' - 865'||100% - 84%||10%||Only allow odd and even for outside watering. Time of day restrictions apply.
|Stage I||865' - 861'
Begin blending w/ Brazos River at 860'
|84% - 56%||20% total||Only allow 1 day per week for outside watering.|
|Stage II||861' - 857'||56% - 35%||25% total||No outside water use allowed.|
|Stage III||857' and below||35% and below||30% total||No outside water use allowed. Bring RO units online.|
Initiated by acts of God, contamination, main water line issues, etc.
|any level||any capacity||Maintain emergency water supply for public safety.|
Stage 0A. Achieve 10% reduction in total use.
- Addresses ending with an odd number can water on odd numbered days.
- Addresses ending with an even number can water on even numbered days.
D. Hand watering of landscaping, shrubs, gardens, and grass is permissible on any day, subject to time of day restrictions.
Stage IA. Achieve additional 10% reduction in total use (20%).
B. Unattended landscape and maintaining swimming pool levels will be permitted one (1) day per week. Other outside use is permitted.
- East of US 281 on Saturdays
- West of US 281 on Sundays.
D. No landscape watering on any day between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm.
E. Hand watering of landscaping, shrubs, gardens, and grass is permissible on any day, subject to time of day restrictions.
Stage IIA. Achieve 25% reduction in total use.
B. No outside water use permitted.
C. The only outside watering exception is for animals.
D. Construction projects shall use only reuse water.
E. Commercial uses not listed will be controlled to the extent directed by the City Manager.
Stage IIIA. Achieve 30% reduction in total use.
B. All conditions of Stage II apply.
C. Bring reverse osmosis (RO) units online.